Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grammy

I didn't have any idea what I was going to write on my blog this evening until I saw my mom at my sons' school this afternoon.


I have the priviledge of being able to pick my sons up from school everyday. Some may think "why is that a priviledge"?


I am a working mom and have been ever since my boys were born. My mom "Grammy" hates the fact that I have to work and she swears that "when" she and my dad when the lottery, I can quit my job and be a stay at home mom. Since I haven't gotten that call from my mom yet, I've decided not to turn in my resignation just yet.


I've been extremely fortunate to have parents that have always supported me in each little venture in my life. My mom hated the thought of Ryan and Patrick going to daycare and insisted that they take care of them 2-3 times a week until they started school. For you moms out there, you know the huge cost of daycare and what a huge savings that ended up being for us.


My mom was always there when Ryan or Patrick was sick, doctor visits, picking up from school....the list could go on and on. Or when either one was in trouble they always wanted Grammy..of course! She worries constantly about them. Just yesterday she called me at work because she was worried about Patrick's stuffy nose.


It reminds me of a line from my all time favorite movie "Steel Magnolias". Shelby (Julie Roberts) and her mother (Sally Field) are talking and Shelby tells her mom "Momma, I don't worry about anything anymore because you do enough worrying for the both of us"......


Today I was waiting in the parking lot for my slow poke sons to get out of school and low and behold I see my mom standing in the parking lot looking all around for them. I thought, why is she here? Did I ask her to pick them up and forgot? As I was sitting in my car racking my brain, I see the boys walking out of school and they instantly see her. They rush to her and greet her with kisses and hugs... and then they finally see me (big whoop, huh?) They walk to the car and I ask her "What are you doing here"? and she said that she was driving by and just thought she would stop and see the boys. Just driving by huh......?


I thought to myself, how lucky we are to have such a wonderful mom and Grammy in our lives. There is nothing she wouldn't do for my family. What a wonderful feeling to know you are so loved.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky! Kathy C. is my sweet sis-in-law and I dropped by to read her friend's new blog.

    And what a sweet post about your Mom! I had a mom just like that and since I am a new grandmother, I hope someday to be able to do for my grandkids what your mother has done!

    Keep Blogging!! Your boys are cuties!!

    ReplyDelete